Here’s a stream of points I’ve picked up along the years. I hope you have a bag to collect all these conversion optimization nuggets.
- How compelling are your meta descriptions?
- Optimize your organic snippets like a paid ad.
- Rich snippets boost CTR 20-30%
- Use ratings and reviews | breadcrumbs rich snippets
- Explainer videos (show how something works) boost conversion 20%
- Caption images
- Gather testimonials and proof
- Google rich snippets can pull out of context information, perhaps to your benefit
- One page, one purpose for user queries
- Optimize font sizes for age – point size half your target’s age
- Plan a clear path for goal completion
- Prove you are the best solution for a problem
Video Tips for Conversion Optimization
- 4x engagement for video over text for brands
- 33% of marketers feel their videos are hindered because they lack strategy
- How to videos increased 37% since 2012
- Industry commentary video blogs
- The shorter the video the less production value needed
- Corporate overview
- Executive interview series
- Corporate culture video
- Product launch video
- Comedy gets 530% more views per video than videos that are only about the products
- Keep videos short
- CTAs after video finishes
- Landing pages with video had 257% increase in conversions
Remarketing for Conversion Optimization
- Consumers have higher expectations for relevancy
- 7 vs 4 convert out of 100 with re marketing
- You should tag all parts of your website
- Focus lists with remarketing. Target homepage viewers, shop abandoners, past converters, etc.
- Pair remarketing with conversion optimizer
- Use all display ad sizes and formats
- Use dynamic remarketing – 2x conversion rate – use an ad related to the offer they saw
- Move from conversion optimizer to return on ad spend eventually ROAS
- Let algorithm optimize by itself – don’t use frequency caps
- Expand to similar audiences – lookalike – increases conversions 40%
A/b test everything
And there you have it!