There is a word that comes to mind when I think of conversion optimization.. pithy… the core. I have summarized some of the best tips I have acquired over the years.
- How compelling are your meta descriptions?
- Optimize your organic snippets like a paid ad.
- Rich snippets boost CTR 20-30%
- Use ratings and reviews | breadcrumbs rich snippets
- Explainer videos (show how something works) boost conversion 20%
- Caption images
- Gather testimonials and proof
- Google rich snippets can pull out of context information, perhaps to your benefit
- One page, one purpose for user queries
- Optimize font sizes for age – point size half your target’s age
- Plan a clear path for goal completion
- Prove you are the best solution for a problem
Video Tips for Conversion Optimization
- 4x engagement for video over text for brands
- 33% of marketers feel their videos are hindered because they lack strategy
- "How To" videos increased 37% since 2012
- Industry commentary video blogs
- The shorter the video the less production value needed
- Corporate overview
- Executive interview series
- Corporate culture video
- Product launch video
- Comedy gets 530% more views per video than videos that are only about the products
- Keep videos short
- CTAs after video finishes
- Landing pages with video had 257% increase in conversions
Remarketing for Conversion Optimization
- Consumers have higher expectations for relevancy
- 7 vs 4 convert out of 100 with remarketing
- You should tag all parts of your website
- Focus lists with remarketing. Target homepage viewers, shop abandoners, past converters, etc.
- Pair remarketing with conversion optimizer
- Use all display ad sizes and formats
- Use dynamic remarketing – 2x conversion rate – use an ad related to the offer they saw
- Move from conversion optimizer to return on ad spend eventually ROAS
- Let algorithm optimize by itself – don’t use frequency caps
- Expand to similar audiences – lookalike – increases conversions 40%
A/B test everything
And there you have it!
If you need bespoke assistance after reading these tips, reach out for conversion optimization help.
If you want more tips on conversion optimization and current trends, subscribe free to The Morico Letter